Just be aware that current versions of MIDI/Audio programs like Cubase won't launch or run using Classic emulation in OS10. Classic Emulation won't talk to your Audio/Midi interfaces.
You need to boot in OS9. It would also be wise to have a separate partition or drive containing the OS9 System Folder that you boot from to use your MIDI/Audio apps. Booting from the OS9 System Folder that OS10 is using for Classic emulation is not a good idea for MIDI/Audio apps. Once you have 10 installed you need to make a setting in the Classic control panel to ensure it does not use your "clean" 9 System Folder for classic emulation...set it to use the "other" OS 9 System Folder. When the 10 versions of these programs start rolling out it will be good, because we'll be able to do away with the 3rd party programs like OMS and Free Midi that we currently need to use for communication with MIDI apps and USB MIDIinterfaces...OS10 has "inbuilt" MIDI communication... Neil D > From: "Robert Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:10:38 +0800 > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Subject: Should I buy OSX? > > I am a Macite in the field of computer music generation using MIDI etc > and am thinking about getting OSX. Firstly, would it be beneficial in my > situation? I have heard it is only advantageous for unix related use. > Most of the apps I use are not compatable with OSX so therefore would > have to use Classic which aparently chews up much memory. I also use > Photoshop. What advantages would there be for me to make the upgrade (I > have OS 9.2.2 atm)? I have am imac 333 with 256 RAM with 9 GB. Will I > have any problems with my configuation if I did upgrade? > > Thanks in advance to anyones help.

