I'm planning on using iiNet's 512/128 plan with the DSL300 and using
software routing on one of the machines to give access to the other
computers (PC, iBook, etc.)

IP Net Router or Airport Software Base station should be ok shouldn't it? I
have previously used IP Net Router on OS9 with no problems.

I have found the only problem with Airport software is that it has limited
port mapping ability (max 20?) I'm not sure if there's a limit with IPNR.

-Scott