on 5/7/02 13:49, Michael Hawkins (by way of Shay Telfer) at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Today I received the DSL 300 modem for my Bliink account with iinet. I use
> OS X on a G3 PowerBook. I wanted a connection on a line shared with a fax
> machine. In order to do that, all I had to do was buy a double RJ12 plug
> from Dick Smith. Installation was easy, even though not covered by the
> manual that came with the kit because OS X has its own PPoE client as part
> of the operating system. There was one problem with authentication and that
> was solved by using my full email address in the "username" box, instead of
> my user name.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Michael.

This method of Authentication is needed for all ADSL providers in Australia
as far as I'm aware. There's another provider here in WA onselling Westnet
ADSL service and it's kind of funny because they have to enter
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" instead of "username" or
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".