Hi Ruben,

In many cases the PC graphics card must be flashed ... I reccomend the 
ASUS 64meg V7100 pro (GF2MX - 400). I can personally vouch that it works 
straight out of the box in a G4-400.

You can buy them from Austin Computers for around $150. They're an 
excellent buy for the G4-400's which are a little limited by their x2 AGP card 
slots.

I've used the card to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, UT (under classic and 
X), and Medal of Honour: Allied Assault. With the exception of MOHAA (which 
is a bit of a killer card-wise ... well, on a sub-500mhz machine with all the 
details maxed ;-), it ran everything fantastically compared the old 16meg ATI .

Just make sure your computer has the latest firmware update to it ... oh, and 
that you've got an AGP equipped mac and not a PCI one.

Give me a yell if you need any more help/info. I'm currently running a flashed 
ASUS GF3 card in a G4-466, but I started my 'Graphics Card Journey' with a 
G4-400 AGP and the ASUS GF2mx card ... ;-)

Cheers,

Tobes.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Dark Servant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I recently bought a copy of Warcraft 3 for my G4-400 and want to buy a 
> new graphics card to improve in game performance (some of the game 
> settings recommend 64 Mb of video memory) and to use with Quartz 
Extreme 
> when it comes out.
> I'm a student so I don't have too much money to spare.
> I know that you are supposed to use Mac specific cards but I have also 
> heard of people using PC cards in their Macs.
> Does anyone have any information in regards to success or failure of 
> these cards (G force 2 in particular) or any other information that 
> might be helpful.
> 
> Thank you in advance to everyone that helps
> Ruben A. Franke