Having downloaded the itunes 3 installer, I find that I need OS 10.1.4 or
later. My iMac currently has OS10.1.2. The apple site tells me that the OSX
UpdateCombo 10.1.5 is available as a 45Mb download.

Since I havn't yet sorted a reliable internet connection for my iMac, I
figure I can download it as a standalone installer using my powerbook (where
I can get a reliable 33600 connection) and then drop the installer on my
iMac over ethernet.

First attempt and bigpond timed me out with only around 28Mb downloaded (but
I had already been connected a while when I hit the download button.
Second attempt - fresh connection and using IE Download manager 'reload'
button - I wrongly assumed it would pick up where it left off & download the
remaining 17Mb. 5hours later bigpond again times me out and I now have
37.5Mb of 'MacOSXUpdateComb 10.1.5.dmg' sat on my desktop.

Obviously the 5hour limit is not enough to download the entire 45Mb over my
33600 connection and if I try a faster modem script I will probably lose the
connection prior to downloading (as per my previous posts on internet
disconnects).

My question is: is there any way to resume the download at the 37.5Mb point
that it quit at; the remaining 8Mb or so should be no problem even at 33600.

TIA

Neil
-- 
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
Fax: +61 8 9841 6137
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]