on 19/8/02 8:40 PM, Dark Servant at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My Epson Stylus 740 printer is currently experiencing some problems of
> physical nature. When I turn it on the printing block (part with the
> ink cartridges) moves across the bar and slams its-self back into the
> side of the printer while making a strange wir noise. As a result it
> refuses print commands. I have been using ink refills. Would getting
> new ink cartridges fix the problem (I doubt it).
> 
> I'm almost certain I will need to take it somewhere to be fixed but it's
> worth checking on the list anyway.
> 
> Ruben A. Franke
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.html>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> 
> 
> 
I have the same printer and experienced the same problem but it seemed to
fix itself when I turned the printer on first let it warm up as such then
started my mac .
BTW my 740 is on USB
-- 
If you can smile when things go wrong
You obviously have someone in mind to blame