on 16/9/02 9:34 PM, Ray Forma at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Bill,
> 
> You may wish to try the following:
> 
> 1 Use the Chooser to choose a Postscript device as your printer.
> 
> 2 Print to file in the various pages of the Print dialogue box. This should
> produce a PostScript file.
> 
> 3 Use Adobe Distiller to distill the PostScript file to a pdf.
> 
> Distiller does a much better job than does PDF Writer.
> 
> Let us know if that works.


OK, this might not be of much help but I do my word-to-pdf stuff with a
beautiful shareware ext called 'print to pdf'
It takes all my word docs and does a great job of PDF-ing them (including
graphics)
Admittedly it seems daft that a shareware app will do this easily but just
sharing my experince..I guess a web search might turn this up but I can mail
it to you if you want....

Stewart