I am not sure if the process for .Mac is fully understood.
To the best of my knowledge if you want to sign up for the additional
features for your .Mac account and I can tell you know it is well worth it.
The steps are as follows.
Log onto your .Mac account and there should be a button to press that tells
you to sign up for .Mac press this button and follow the prompts. You can
actually go into your account information and change your address for all
those that signed up in America originally. You than fill in the form and
pay by credit card. This is done through the US and has nothing to do with
Australia.
You cannot order .Mac in Australia it has to done through the US and this is
one of the main reasons it is done via credit card. The extra resources and
maintenance that it would take to add an couple of accounts people to send
people who required it a bill would make .Mac more expensive for all the
rest of us.
They do not automatically charge your credit card unless you have already
told them that you are paying by credit card. You do have the choice. Pay by
credit card or don't buy it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]


On 26/9/02 12:33 AM, "Alan Fenton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello.
> I sent an e-mail (as below) today to Apple as indicated in their comments
> section in the .Mac join up section.
> If you agree with me then you may wish to do the same.
> Regards from Alan.
> 
> 
> If I read your payments right, you automatically charge my credit card for
> your
> fees.
> I do not allow anyone to do that. If this is the only way to pay your fees
> then
> I will not be joining.
> How about you send an e-mail bill and I could pay by direct deposit.
> There may be lots of people who feel the same as me.
> Regards from Alan.
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.html>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> 
>