I just had something very weird happen.

I was connected to iiNet. The connection dropped out unexpectedly.

I reconnected and through the speaker I could hear the dial tone. Before it
started dialling the number I suddenly heard the modem noise (when the modem
at the other end answers) then my connection bar at the top right suddenly
displayed connected before it had even finished.

Then what was even stranger (apart from my dialup taking just a few seconds)
Internet Connect says that the modem is idle. And that ³apparently² I¹m not
connected to anything.

To add to the weirdness. When I started downloading the new version of lime
wire. It started downloading then half way through I suddenly received a
message asking me if I¹d like to save it to file or configure a helper (as
if it hadn¹t started downloading yet)

Bizarre..... I think there are some very strange problems with this phone
line. Telstra tries to tell me nothings wrong. Why does that surprise me? I
have picked up the phone at times and have been able to hear other peoples
conversation as clear as if I had rang them. The technician says this is
common so be careful if you say something private on the phone because
thanks to Telstra¹s wonderful new technologies and crossed lines your next
door neighbour and ECHELON can listen to your phone calls.........Telstra -
Making life easier.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]