on 28/10/02 6:44, Kevin Phyland at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> From: Steven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> Subject: POP mail facility?
>>> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:00:15 +1000
>>> 
>>> 
>>> It seems that Hotmail has withdrawn the ability to be able to POP mail from
>>> external servers. I know I could do this some time back, but the option
>>> appears to have disappeared from their site when logged in.
>>> 
>>> Anyone know of any free web based email facility which allows you to POP
>>> mail from elsewhere? I've tried <http://www.fastmail.fm> and
>>> <www.yahoo.com.au> but they require an annual fee for this service.
>>> 
>>> Any tips appreciated.
>>> 
>>> Steven
>>> 
>>> 
>> Steven I like http://www.mail2web.com/ It only allows you to read POP mail
>> from a browser though. There's no free mail address or mailbox.
>> Regards,
>> 
>> Gary Roberts
>> Desktop Applications
>> Tel: 08 9322 6789
>> Fax: 08 9322 6770
>> 
>> Join the Digital Village at www.desktopapplications.com.au

> You might also try:
> 
> www.australia.edu
> 
> Kevin from Wycheproof.

First of all sorry for the formatting. This message was a perfect example of
why replies need to go at the bottom only. I can only hope I've gotten it in
the right order.

Second, there's another service I've just found that offers both webmail and
pop3 access. Although their POP3 seems to be down this morning it's the
first time it's gone down since the service started. They also allow
forwarding to another POP3 address as well as a web based address book and
the ability to leave mail on their server up to 25 megs worth of space. They
allow attachments of up to 12 megs as well which can be a real life saver
every once in a while when a client wants to send you a bloated Word
document.

http://www.spymac.com

Yep, that's right, the joke of the rumours community has probably the best
free email service available on the net right now. They also give you 50
megs of server storage space for storing pictures to display in their online
web gallery space. Not a bad deal for free.