Hi,

Just thought I should let the group know that a University of Southern California
law student is petitioning Apple re their sparking power adapters. It seems to
have been a problem for a while now, and it doesn't seem to be limited to the
iBook's "yo-yo" type adapter mentioned in the article/petition. I've experienced it
with all of Apple's transparent type power cords.

I urge you all to have a look at the article and if you feel so inclined to sign the
petition. The sparking in most cases may not be harmful, and I realise it
probably happens in most electrical devices, but Apple has taken it to a new
and potentially dangerous level...

Yep, I've had one cord repaired at my own cost. Somewhere I've got photos and movies of it sparking too.

Have fun,
Shay
--
=========================== Shay Telfer ================================
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer It must be bunnies!
Opinions for hire [POQ]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] fnord