If anyone has one of these sparking adaptors, could they please bring it
around and show me, I am good at getting product recalls happening ( I got
Acer to recall a range of monitors due to a faulty on / off switch)

I can not see this problem, as it would result in an instant recall from a
fire hazard perspective if nothing else.

Regards,

Kat.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Monday, 10 February 2003 10:43 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Potentially dangerous Apple power cords petition.
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Just thought I should let the group know that a University of
> Southern California
> law student is petitioning Apple re their sparking power
> adapters. It seems to
> have been a problem for a while now, and it doesn't seem to be
> limited to the
> iBook's "yo-yo" type adapter mentioned in the article/petition.
> I've experienced it
> with all of Apple's transparent type power cords.
>
> I urge you all to have a look at the article and if you feel so
> inclined to sign the
> petition. The sparking in most cases may not be harmful, and I realise it
> probably happens in most electrical devices, but Apple has taken
> it to a new
> and potentially dangerous level...
>
> Article:
> <http://www.dailytrojan.com/article.do?issue=/V148/N15&id=04-bit.15c.html>
>
> Petition:
> <http://www.petitiononline.com/appleSOS/petition.html>
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher Scopa.
>
> ----------------
> Powered by telstra.com
>
>
>
>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.html>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
> ---
> Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.443 / Virus Database: 248 - Release Date: 10/01/2003
>
---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.443 / Virus Database: 248 - Release Date: 10/01/2003