On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 13:29, KEVIN Lock wrote:
> When I burn a music CD compilation for use in my car it skips tracks 
> etc. Commercial CDs play well. My car CD player is 10 years old.

This says it all. It's quite a feat for a player to last that long,
given that the laser is the first thing to go, right before the
mechanical parts - generally the eject.

> I am using Toast Titanium to burn the CD. Is there a setting that 
> will cure this problem?

No, the only likely cure is to purchase a new player. The reason I say
this is that when you burn a CDrom, it's not the same as paying a
commercial CD. While many players will play both standards, we're really
talking about two formats - albeit very similar.

I'd look on google for "CD burning FAQ" and see what documentation is
out there...

Onno Benschop 

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
-- 
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno.. 
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno.. 
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno.. 

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, Dalcon
ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno at itmaze dot com dot au