On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 08:35 AM, Bill Parker wrote:


Having nearly been in need of psychatric care following another "episode" with my bloody awful Epson 670 printer, I though I'd buy another one.

I am looking for a low end beast, colour Ink Jet. Are there any websites with reviews that anyone can recommend, or indeed a printer? As you might guess, I have no love of Epson!


Have a look at the HP PSC1210. This is a small multifunction device (claims to be the smallest available) combining printing, scanning and copying functions. You should be able to get one for under $200 (if not, please let me know!). The printing quality from this thing is superb, and quite fast (I printed an A4 photo in around 40 seconds) and the quality is equal to my Canon S520, the equivalent of which costs twice as much (and only prints). All the software is MacOS X native, and you get the excellent ReadIris OCR software with it (instead of the awful, awful OmniPage Lite which afflicts other products.

The only problem I have seen with it is a tendency to grab more than one sheet at a time when printing, but hey, we are talking about low-end here, right?


--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth,                                      ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia       Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
       Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.