you can find a small button size lithium battery, it's to make sure that
time/date and some other settings do not get lost if the large battery
gets flat after long usage, you may need a soldering iron to removed 
it......James

Kelly Duffy wrote:
> 
> I'm not sure if this is relevant but something similar
> happened to me with my G4 tower and I was told to
> change the battery on the motherboard. I don't know if
> notebooks even have a battery on the motherboard but
> if they do the battery can be the cause of loss of
> date and time.
> 
> If they don't completely ignore what I've just said,
> its just a stab in the dark.
> 
> Kind regards,
> Kelly
-- 
now online with g4/450 power

SAD Technic Bayswater 6053 Australia
Electronic Repairs
http://www.iinet.net.au/~saddas
ph &f +618 9370 5307 / m +614 14 421 132