On 08/09/2003, at 9:38 PM, Doug Wilson wrote:

on 8/9/03 16:27, Matthew Healey at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Mail looks to see who the sender was, and then looks up the Address
Book to see if that person in there. If it is, then it displays the
photo of that person, or downloads it from .mac

It is completely and entirely a function of Mail and Mac OS X and has
nothing to do with the actual email.

Although all this may be neat to the end user I dislike it simply on the level that there's interaction between my machine and .mac which I didn't
initiate and have no control over. It's this kind of interactions with
scripting thrown in that causes all kinds of security holes under Windows and I do NOT want to see this develop into the same kind of thing on OS X.

Hi Doug,

Don't stress too much about it. The photo is nothing more than the Address Book autofill feature. I highly doubt that it could be exploited in any usable way. In much the same way that Network Time keeps your computer clock in sync, Mail downloads photos of people.

- Matt

--

0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0
     Matt Healey                                                [EMAIL 
PROTECTED]