anybody aware of Apple releasing USB 2 drivers particularly given that the G5 and the new PowerBooks support it?

Do USB 2 devices work at full speed in regard to classic applications? (actually is this even a relevant question?)

Over the last few months I've had Mac users with come to me with PCMCIA USB cards (I also own such a card) that supports USB 2 (and do so on windows XP machines) but the manufactures downloads (orange USB 2 drivers) for OS X USB 2 support do not work.

With the PCMCIA card I'm inclined to think that it's a weird system problem that won't be fixed until Panther (hopefully)- OS 9 reports the PCMCIA card as USB bus hub 3 But OS X reports it as being part of USB bus hub 0 which is the same as the left most internal USB port which is, of course, USB 1 so the PCMCIA ports drop back to USB 1 to maintain compatibility.


Of course if any one would like to loan me a new USB 2 Powerbook That I can test it on.... (well its always worth a try :) )
--
~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph#9380 1855 (ECEL)
ECEL Computer Support Officer, University of Western Australia.
CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~

"present day
             present time  "