Ipod's and PC's, easy. I have an XP box at home, which I keep for the evil necessity of games, and to charge my ipod before I got my 12" Powerbook.
I use a program called ephpod to update my ipod, and to use disk mode, macopener (which costs) from Dataviz. there is technically a registry hack to enable viewing the files in disk mode, but you can find that yourself with google. sTEVE -----Original Message----- From: Ryan Jay Schotte [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, 25 September 2003 1:53 AM To: WAMUG Mailing List Subject: Re: iPod to PC On 2003-09-24 21:05, "Dark Servant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can transfer files from my iPod to a PC? > I only recently tried to do it thinking that it wouldn't be too much > trouble. I remember that they made the iPods so they could be used on > Mac and PC. I thought that meant they would be cross platform but it > seems even a simple thing like HD formatting gets in the way. I'm > really surprised that code for reading Mac formatted drives has not > been programmed into the Windows OS yet. > > Any light anyone? Windows compatibility has varied over the course of the last few major changes to the iPod. It now seems to be automatic, but in the previous design (the one with actual buttons) it didn't seem to be so, and sometimes required the iPod to be reformatted. (Maybe they all ship as FAT disks now?) Some suggestions based on what I've seen of Windows and iPods... If Windows doesn't see it as a drive once plugged in, then make sure you have installed the iPod Windows Software from Apple and use the iPod Manager (or something like that) to enable Disk Mode. If that fails, then try installing MusicMatch, and using that to enable Disk Mode. I've seen it work on Windows XP recently, but I suspect it will be much nicer once iTunes gets ported over to the dark side... Ry -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

