Does anybody know what underlying issue/s causes this and how to fault fix on this problem?
Is it Kernel? hardware? bus?

I've tried searching Apple's knowledge base and Googling but can't find anything of assistance.

I have a user that is now experiencing this "multilingual blue screen of death" three to four times a day. I have run TechTools & Nortons on the disk with only minor errors found (such as incorrect date/time), repairing permissions also only found a small collection of "normal" problems. The console log records nothing untoward before or during the instant of the crash.

Before this I've only ever seen this twice in three years of using OSX, once on my desktop, once on my laptop. The screen goes light blue than an even lighter blue square rolls down displaying a multilingual message that there is an error and the computer has to be shutdown/restarted. After shutdown/restart the computer has then functioned as normal.

Both time that this happened to me was because a Firewire device was physically unplugged while in the middle of transfer operations. Neither time was there a console/log crash report just sudden OS death (this FireWire specific bug has since been fixed I believe).


--
~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph#9380 1855 (ECEL)
ECEL Computer Support Officer, University of Western Australia.
CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~

"present day
             present time  "