On 29/9/03 11:59 AM, "Mark Secker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anybody know what underlying issue/s causes this and how to
> fault fix on this problem?
> Is it Kernel? hardware? bus?
> 
> I've tried searching Apple's knowledge base and Googling but can't
> find anything of assistance.
> 
> I have a user that is now experiencing this "multilingual blue screen
> of death" three to four times a day.
> I have run TechTools & Nortons on the disk with only minor errors
> found (such as incorrect date/time), repairing permissions also only
> found a small collection of "normal" problems. The console log
> records nothing untoward before or during the instant of the crash.
> 
> Before this I've only ever seen this twice in three years of using
> OSX, once on my desktop, once on my laptop.
> The screen goes light blue than an even lighter blue square rolls
> down displaying a multilingual message that there is an error and the
> computer has to be shutdown/restarted. After shutdown/restart the
> computer has then functioned as normal.
> 
> Both time that this happened to me was because a Firewire device was
> physically unplugged while in the middle of transfer operations.
> Neither time was there a console/log crash report just sudden OS
> death (this FireWire specific bug has since been fixed I believe).
> 

Hi Mark!

Are they running a USB Hub of any sort? I've seen this happen with some
machines and some types of USB Hubs. (I've now found a Hub that works with
no problems, whereas sometimes when the OS had updated there were always
issues with certain types of hubs.)

Or anything else new been added?

Just a stab in the dark for ya! :o)

Enjoy!

Kind Regards
Daniel Kerr
---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>


**For everything Macintosh**