On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 14:55, Shay Telfer wrote:
> What is providing the DHCP addresses? A Windows box? A router?
> 
> It's possible that another device on the network is grabbing the 
> address when your machine is not on the network. Try locating the 
> address from a different machine when you've got your iBook off the 
> network, as it might help narrow down what's grabbing it.
> 
> Of course, DHCP address allocations aren't permanent.
> 
> Have fun,
> Shay

Hi Shay,

Its actually a windows 2000 Pro machine thats offering the DHCP leases,
but I am not taking my laptop off the network, its just going to sleep
and losing the lease everytime. When it wakes up it takes about 30
seconds before I get the lease renewed. Its also not another machine
taking the IP because a) I am using it at work and this would mean that
someone is getting a new lease everytime my laptop goes to sleep, and b)
The leases have a lifetime of 3 weeks...

Adam.