On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 14:17, Matt Huitson wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Am considering establishing some accounts with St George Bank.  Have 
> just taken a quick browse of their website and was greeted with an 
> error when attempting to reach the login page using Safari, which to 
> paraphrase, suggests that only IE5 is supported in 10.2.
> 
> Anyone on the list currently with this institution care to confirm this 
> for me (either via the list or direct to me if you prefer)?  At other 
> institutions in the past (e.g. Westpac) I found bypassing a certain 
> front page actually enabled me to use Safari to perform my online 
> banking requirements, even when Safari was not listed as a supported 
> browser.  Has anyone been able to likewise get Safari to work with the 
> St George website?
> 
> BTW, the wamug site (and archives) was down when I just attempted to 
> search the database for relevant posts.
> 
> Thanks, Matt

I am not with St. George, however there was a very *long* thread on the
Sydney Linux Users Group earlier this year/end of last year on this
topic which basically said that St. George banks sucks bigtime and they
have a policy of not supporting browsers except IE. Most of the thread
was actually CC'd to St. George themselves. This may have changed by now
but I doubt it.

Adam.