On 07/11/2003, at 2:08 PM, Rob Phillips wrote:

I have just installed panther. It works pretty well, and I am looking forward to the new features - I'll just have to get used to them first...

However, I am unhappy with the amount of space the sidebar uses up, and all the space wasted by the 'skin' around finder windows.

Double-click on the vertical sidebar divider and the sidebar disappears. Click on the small white button at the top right of the window and the window loses its brushed metal appearance, and in fact reverts to MacOS 9 behaviours.

Does anybody know of a way to reduce the size of the icons and the font size of the labels in the sidebar?

Not right now. although I'm sure there will be plenty of hacks coming out very soon in products such as TinkerTool, etc. In the meantime, have a look at MacOS X Hints to see if there's anything mentioned there.


--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth,                                      ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia       Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
       Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.