hi mark,

I was using this software called Nan Ji Xin (NJStar) for my inputs of chinese 
characters before I switched to mac os 4 years ago. 
http://www.njstar.com.au/

It has Japanese and Korean input as well. 

Hope this helps. 

Steven Tan

On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 08:33AM, Mark Secker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>On 13/11/2003, at 10:44 AM, Mark Secker wrote:
>>
>>>  Ohayoo gozaimasu, sumimasen onegai shimasu....
>>>
>>>
>>>  What is the windows 2000/XP equivalent of this:
>>>
>>>  <http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/character_palatte.mov>
>>>
>>>  Basically a floating pallet that allows a user to enter non Apha 
>>>Numeric characters (this palette can also show mathmatical formula 
>>>symbols) directly in to the front applications window without using 
>>>multiple keystrokes per character.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>...and if you turn on the Japanese input palette you can type in 
>>Romaji and MacOS X will convert your text directly to the kana of 
>>your choice. It also processes into Kanji, but this is fairly 
>>complex to handle properly. Unfortunately, the help for this system 
>>is all in Japanese! My extremely limited knowledge is helpless 
>>against this...
>>
>
>hmm. ... let's try that.... yep that's well cool
>
>As I'm just learning myself my level of skill levels are way down low 
>there I'm just starting to recognise the "a" to "n" characters in 
>Hiragana script. Actually this who the question arose  because most 
>of the people doing my course are studying to become teachers (or 
>already are)  as the only mac user in the class when I showed this to 
>the teacher she and the rest of the class couldn't come up with a 
>windows equivalent that did so much, so well and ask me to look in to 
>it (I said yes - as that's my job and and support a number of 
>Chinese, Korean and Japanese academics and students)
>-- 
>~
>Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>ph#9380 1855 (ECEL)
>ECEL Computer Support Officer, University of Western Australia.
>CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
>~
>
>"present day
>              present time  "
>
>
>-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro
>
>