On 13 Nov 2003, at 8:19 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:


On 12/11/2003, at 10:42 AM, Douglas Sheerer wrote:

Question 1: Is it feasible to upgrade a Power Book 1400cs/133 from OS 8.5 to OS 9.2 ?

It should be possible if you have enough RAM. You're going to need 64Mb to use 9.2 comfortably, and I'm not sure that the 1400cs can go beyond this. If you need a RAM upgrade you're going to find it difficult and expensive to source the chips these days.

Question 2 : If so - Is it possible to use the PC Card slot on the 1400cs for an PC Card type Airport Card

If you can get around the aerial issues (and I have no experience here with PC-type cards) you still have Question 1 to deal with

Yes you can upgrade to 9.2 but why it will be slowwwww and you have to "hack" the 1400 as 9.2 will not install on"legacy" model mac's.

a wireless card is possible for it I remember reading of a user doing it and joining it to his airport network but it was a case of getting the right card and drivers to work