trying last night with my home setup this gave an "unable to read from system/"<can't remember full path>"/cannon/i250.ppd" after the job spooled and then the job got trashed automatically.

ran printer setup repair utility and re installed drivers and retried the advanced setup still with no joy.


Can still print to my laser printer just fine but hey this is the 21 st century and colour printing would be nice :)




On 19/11/2003, at 12:26 PM, Kaye and Geoff wrote:

Canon say that the driver was for OS10.2 - they haven't produced an OS10.3 driver yet. Does anyone know if I am likely to solve this using Gimp or CUPS, or do I just have to wait for Canon to produce an appropriate driver? If anyone has solved this problem before, please email me off-list, with enough info to get me started. I've got into the CUPS interface, but can't see how to set up an interface to the printer.


To add a printer using GIMP, hold down the Option key while choosing Printers > Add printer... in Printer Setup Utility. Scroll down to Advances in the popup menu which appears in the Sheet. Choose USB Printer and see if the i250 is detected. If so, click the "Add" button.

If you get no joy from this, you'll have to keep an eye on <http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4359>, or perhaps register and ask the question there.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth,                                      ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia       Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
       Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

--
~
Mark Secker [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph#9380 1855 (ECEL)
ECEL Computer Support Officer, University of Western Australia.
CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~

"present day
             present time  "