Hi,

I've just purchased an iBook running OS10.3, and was sold a Canon i250 bubblejet printer as a suitable smaller printer to go with it.

The printer driver software appeared to install, and the printer is visible to the supplied utility program, but the it appears (on USB port) with "no driver installed" if I try to add it to my printer list.

Canon say that the driver was for OS10.2 - they haven't produced an OS10.3 driver yet. Does anyone know if I am likely to solve this using Gimp or CUPS, or do I just have to wait for Canon to produce an appropriate driver? If anyone has solved this problem before, please email me off-list, with enough info to get me started. I've got into the CUPS interface, but can't see how to set up an interface to the printer.

Cheers, Kaye

--
----
Kaye Stott & Geoff Prince
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.omninet.net.au/~kg/