On 22/12/2003, at 9:11 PM, Bob wrote:

I am currently printing with an Epson Styllus C41UX using OSX 10.3.2. The coloured ink is rarely used and I am getting sick of forever refilling the black cartridges or, even worse, incurring the expense of new cartridges. Not to mention head cleaning etc etc.

I am now considering buying a basic laser printer (black only) or multi function centre which works, hopefully hassle free, with OSX 10.3.2. Any recommendations or good/bad experiences would be appreciated.

Have a look at the Samsung ML-1710 if you want a low-priced (sub $400) Laser Printer. It comes with MacOS X drivers and prints at up to 16 ppm, and has a 250-sheet paper tray. Good value for basic black printing.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer