Hi:

I am overseas at the moment viditing a freind who would like to purchase new
mac laptop for a specific purpose. Those of you who know more about sounds
than I (which is anybody, because I don't use my machine for sound) may be
able to send me a "sample configuration" of what might work for her based on
your experience?

Don't worry about price, because she would be purchasing here in US $$--but
remember she doesn't use her computer much.

She is an astrologer who has one on one sessions with people and records them

on tape, and who teaches classes and records them and dupes tapes for her
students (up to 60 students at once). She wants to start making CDs or DVDs of

voice or image in an economical way.

I suggested a mac laptop (powerbook?) and iSight (which would incorporate
video and sound), with a microphone (once she can clip to her shirt) to
capture sound. She can then burn the files onto a CD or DVD, and there are
machines which can burn 10 identical CDs at once (is this true? I think I saw

one once but don't remember).

She would be sitting in one place when recording, so an iSight is ideal. Also

she takes her laptop everywhere she consults for the astrological program
which runs on it.

Can she use iMovie for this? Or will these one-hour sessions be too memory
heavy and resource hungry? Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Regards,
nathalie