Dear Bob.

I can help with points 1 and 3, but unfortunately I have no knowledge of point 2.

You should be able to open up your system preferences and then select "startup disc". Once in there you should see three icons (well in 10.2 anyway) of which one will be OS9, the other OS10 and the other a network boot drive. Select OS9 and then click restart. From within OS9 you should be able to go into control panels and select start up disk and select the OS X drive to restart the computer in OS X.

The best fax option is FaxSTF (not the pro edition) which is available from Versiontracker.com. It has a couple of bugs (well my copy does) but it seems to work ok. It installs a virtual printer and you can select the recipients from your address book after selecting print. You then use FaxSTF to send the faxes which will be queued.

Enjoy
Stuart

On Tuesday, January 27, 2004, at 03:52  PM, Robert Howells wrote:

HI Wamug,

I  have 7300 / G3 with OSX and OS 9.1 installed.

1.      Is there anybody else with a similar setup.

        Can you please tell me whether you are able to use Startup disk to
        restart from OS9.1 instead of starting up in OSX ........ ????


2.      Can anybody tell me whether I can use the normal Printer port for
        an Epson Photo 700 which IS supported in Gimp Print, or do I need
        some sort of converter to connect it to the USB....  ????

3.      I have not found any Fax options in the OSX software package ?
        Pointers would be appreciated.



Thanks so much in advance

Bob


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro


Stuart Elvish
Business Development Manager
TNet.com.au - Becoming Australia's Favourite Internet SERVICE Provider

Mobile Telephone        0433 133 601 (+61 433 133 601)
Email Address           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Direct Telephone        08 9221 7874 (+61 8 9221 7874)
Office Telephone        1300 661 NET (1300 661 638)
Direct Facsimile        0433 133 598 (+61 433 133 598)
Office Facsimile        08 9221 3864 (+61 8 9221 3864)