I would like to connect my G4 (400/488/OSX2.8) tower as a Firewire drive to appear on my G5 (1.6/768/Panther). I have restarted the G4 with the 'T' key depressed as normal but no Firewire icon on the G4 screen. Is there something else I should be doing? or is it not possible with the G4/G5 combination. I have no problem connecting with my G4 (550/448/OSX2.4) TiBook to the G5 via Firewire.

I have tried the G4 in both OSX and 9.2.2 configurations to see if it would work, but nothing. It keeps firing up as usual but no Firewire icon. I have tried the Firewire ports on the front and rear of the G5.

I just feel that rather than sell the G4 tower, I may as well use it as an external drive for my web local site files and other storage as there is 30Gb free

Thanks for any help on this
Jon

Eye in the Sky Productions
Image makers to the Aviation Industry
• Air-to-air photography
• Print & web design/production
• VR panoramas
• Book production
• Copywriting
• Corporate ID
Based in Western Australia
T: 08 9380 6508
M: 0403 235938
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: <http://www.eyeinthesky.com.au>