Dear Kettle

Thank you for those eloquent pearls, your wisdom knows no bounds. Yes I agree, it is a rather large power soak. I guess I will duly pass on my trusty G4 to the up-and-coming Mac user ranks and purchase a Firewire ext drive.
Thanks for your advice.
Pot

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mark Secker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 29 January 2004 9:41:24 AM
To: "WAMUG Mailing List" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Firewire connection


Umm yeh have the same problem with a similar G4 - I think it might be a model specific issue as the two other G4 towers (quicksilver and mirror door) I have regular access to both work in target mode.

I would like to connect my G4 (400/488/OSX2.8) tower as a Firewire drive to appear on my G5 (1.6/768/Panther). I have restarted the G4 with the 'T' key depressed as normal but no Firewire icon on the I just feel that rather than sell the G4 tower, I may as well use it as an external drive for my web local site files and other storage as there is 30Gb free


that's one hell of a big hulking power gobbling external hard drive... kinda reminds me of the old washing machine disk packs I used on IBM/Amdahl mainframes .

Apart from the comfort of having a spare machine incase your mane productivity box go's belly up I wonder about the logic of this course of acction - given you could sell this s/h for more than the cost of a half a Terrabyte of Firewire storage.

- of course my computer purchase history is scattered with the ashes of illogical actions so just call me "Kettle" and I'll call you "Pot" and we can argue about what shade of black we each are.
--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph#6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
"present day
             present time"
<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro


Eye in the Sky Productions
Image makers to the Aviation Industry
• Air-to-air photography
• Print & web design/production
• VR panoramas
• Book production
• Copywriting
• Corporate ID
Based in Western Australia
T: 08 9380 6508
M: 0403 235938
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: <http://www.eyeinthesky.com.au>