see the post's replying to Brad Helden's "more than a coincidence" post...

no you don't have a virus it's the good old "scan somebody's email address book and forge their contacts as "from address" " virus trick .. degrees of separation and all that ensure you get snagged as an alleged propagator of viruses by people you've never even heard of.

None of this is helped by network/system administrators who know well enough to turn off the auto message on their e-mail servers anti virus system but don't... or by users who should know better....

I got chewed out this morning by some foul mouthed dude in Denmark (the country not the town) who was cursing me for sending him a virus. Given that his grasp of the English language was only marginally better than his apparent grasp on reality or his level of computer literacy I filed it circularly rather than have to post ever simplified explanations of how this occurred and why it wasn't me that sent it


A problem has arisen that I am unable to explain!!!

I have received numerous emails (and telephone calls) from people, informing
me that I have sent them an email that contained a virus.

This is interesting as I have an iMac, and didn't think the new virus
affected Macs.  Secondly my computer has been disconnected (and unplugged),
due to new carpet being laid, since last Thursday (22/1/04), reinstated
today.

Anybody care to offer any ideas or explanations.

Ken...



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro

--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph#6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
"present day
             present time"
<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)