I tried the download option but it would still not boot the eMac.  It just
hung on the grey boot screen and went no further.

I will check out the Australian distributors website though for the iBook.

Daniel   

On 25/02/2004 14:00, "Keith Palmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are using 10.3.x you will need the 3.01 version of DiskWarrior.
> 
> You can order the upgrade from pica.com.au
> 
> You can avoid buying the update CD by just downloading the 3.01 updater
> and installing the updated DW on a second hard drive or even burning a
> CD with an OS and DW on it.
> 
> On 25/02/2004, at 1:51 PM, Daniel & Claire Forsdyke wrote:
> 
>> I am having similar problems, but not just limited to one machine.
>> 
>> I have DiskWarrior 3.0 on CD, and it will not boot either computer.
>> 
>> I have:
>> eMac 700MHz G4, 384MB, OSX 10.3.2 (pre August 2003)
>> ibook G4, 12in, 384MB. OSX 10.3.2 (post August 2003)
>> 
>> I have looked at the Alsoft Website <www.alsoft.com>, and according to
>> the
>> text I need to order the "Updated CD" for the iBook, and "download
>> 3.0.1
>> update" for the eMac.
>> 
>> Only problem is that the "download 3.0.1 update" requires that you can
>> boot
>> your machine from the DW 3.0 CD, which I can't!
>> 
>> And I am a bit dubious about calling the US to order a CD and pay
>> approx
>> US$20, with no guarantee that the new CD will work with either machine.
>> 
>> Should I just ditch DW and get some other utility, if so which one?
>> 
>> Thoughts on the matter greatly appreciated.
>> 
>> Regards
>> Daniel F.
>> 
>> 
>> On 23/02/2004 9:38, "Rod Jurich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hello all,
>>> Just bought Diskwarrior and not able to boot from CD.
>>> Keith Palmer has given me a work around, but can anyone tell me if
>>> they have
>>> had similar problems.
>>> Having to change statup disks takes time, I would prefer to boot from
>>> the
>>> CD.
>>> Any advice appreciated, thanks.
>>> OSX.2.8 G4 1280ram
>>> Regards,
>>> 
>>> Rod
>>> ------------0------------
>>> Rod Jurich & Associates
>>> Lot 231 Patersonia Road
>>> Chittering WA 6084
>>> PO Box 81
>>> BULLSBROOK WA 6084
>>> Voice+fax +61 8 9571 0330
>>> Mobile 043 997 4225
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> 
>>> WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> 
>> WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro
>> 
>> 
> Keith Palmer
> Zytech Marketing Pty Ltd
> PO Box 342 Bunbury 6231
> Phone: 08 9791 5556  Fax: 08 9791 5900
> the online data storage & technology store -
> http://www.zytech.com.au/