The eMac has never been able to boot off the DW 3.0 CD.  I took the chance
that maybe the DW 3.0.1 might fix this.  So I downloaded the updater and
followed the instructions and burnt a new CD with the the updater.  When I
tried to boot off that CD no luck, it just hung on the grey boot screen.

So if get this new CD from Alsoft - which will supposedly work with the
iBook, does anyone know if it will also work with the eMac?

Daniel F.

On 25/02/2004 14:13, "Shay Telfer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I am having similar problems, but not just limited to one machine.
>> 
>> I have DiskWarrior 3.0 on CD, and it will not boot either computer.
>> 
>> I have:
>> eMac 700MHz G4, 384MB, OSX 10.3.2 (pre August 2003)
>> ibook G4, 12in, 384MB. OSX 10.3.2 (post August 2003)
>> 
>> I have looked at the Alsoft Website <www.alsoft.com>, and according to the
>> text I need to order the "Updated CD" for the iBook, and "download 3.0.1
>> update" for the eMac.
>> 
>> Only problem is that the "download 3.0.1 update" requires that you can boot
>> your machine from the DW 3.0 CD, which I can't!
> 
> The 3.0.1 update asks you to insert your existing CD and then burns a
> new updated CD (you of course need a CD burner and a blank CD to do
> this. Also, the DiskWarrior update program needs to be able to read
> your CD properly (mine wouldn't))). You don't need to boot with the
> DiskWarrior CD during this process. This update *may* fix the problem
> for the eMac but it won't fix it for the iBook, which would require
> the updated CD from Alsoft.
> 
> Yes, it's a pain to have to update the CD on a regular basis, but for
> most people it's only when they buy a new machine, and DiskWarrior is
> well worth it.
> 
> Thanks,
> Shay