While the whole "clueless" staff thing is a reality, the really nice thing about Officeworks is that you can buy it, try it, and if it doesn't work you are entitled to a full refund - all you need to say was that it was "unsuitable".

That being said, you might just want to go and buy a LaCIe USb burner. they're going cheap and I trust LaCie most out of all the Third-Party apple products out there. My LaCie burner bought almost 4 years ago is still going strong and I've never had a fault with it. When I used to work at an Apple store, there were also never any worries about returning them to a supplier and getting a brand new one if in the odd chance one of them were faulty.

You didn't say how much they were selling for, but heres a link to an online store with the lacie. Express delivery
<http://www.ht.com.au/Scripts/xworks.exe?PART:L6975#Tof>

Dave

On 01/03/2004, at 5:05 AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:

ate: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 00:29:06 +0800
Subject: Re: Iomega Predator CD-RW Question  -Doh
From: aurora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,

Just reread my last email and the last part did not come out right. What I meant is that they are a stationery store and not an apple store. I would have no right to expect the wonderful technical information that this list
could provide from them.

Sorry the excitement of seeing David Bowie tonight has reduced my mind to
mush.

Smiles
Aurora

-------------------------------------

Napoleon Bonaparte : "The best way to keep one's word is not to give it."