Open a terminal window and type "Man FTP". Or get a copy of "ManOpen" from
versiontracker.com and read it that way. You know that if you use a web
browser like safari you can log into an FTP server and the disk of the
server mounts like a network drive. Haven't tried to do anything useful that
was but it's interesting.
Rob