On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 14:04, BART RAFFAELE wrote:
> There was are problem with the return server if you checked the date i sent
> the email test on the 2nd of April and didn't get a reply until 12th of
> April.

I did check the date and all of them show that they were sent from the
WAMUG server on the 12th. (As were nine messages in total.) As another
member already pointed out, the list server strips the headers, so we
cannot actually determine where exactly the problem occurred.

>From the list membership perspective the messages all appeared at the
same time.

A much better approach would have been to send a message to the
list-manager, or even one to the list stating: "My mail isn't getting
through." or to another member: "My mail isn't getting through, can you
please forward this request for information?"

As another member pointed out, it is possible that the mail server was
clogged and required human intervention which would explain an unusual
delay.

If the administrator of the server would care to comment we might
determine if that is the case.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S38°01'05" - E145°25'10" (Upper Beaconsfield, VIC)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..