For those who haven't seen it yet check out:
http://www.folklore.org/index.py
It is a web site created by Andy Hertzfeld (of early Macintosh fame)
that is devoted to collective historical storytelling. The site
captures and presents sets of related stories that describe interesting
events from multiple perspectives, allowing groups of people to recount
their shared history in the form of interlinked anecdotes. Currently,
the Folklore site only supports a single project, about the development
of the original Macintosh, but that will be changing soon.
It is interesting stuff ... particularly for elderly people like me
(and perhaps some of you). I first saw a Mac in my Professor's home
office in Brisbane in 1985, fell in love with the machine at first
sight, and then saved my pennies until I could afford to buy a
Macintosh SE (twin floppy) about 5 years later for more money than I
care to mention ... OUCH!!
Anyway, enjoy!
---
Richard Kay
Fremantle
Western Australia