Hi, sorry about the 'coood' in the nose, i will be interested in the answer to this question,
Thaks ;-)
Mac
On 03/05/2004, at 9:37, gary dorn wrote:

Howdy,
I've got a Icecube external hardisk
I have it "permanently" connected to a G4 via apple DV screen via firewire OS 10.3

I also have it connected to a rev A iMac via USB OS 8.6 ( using USB mass storage 1.3.5 extension)

now if I turn on whilst all is connected the disk volumn will only show up on the iMac. to have the disk volume show up in the G4, I have to trash the disk volume off the iMac desktop and then unplug the usb cable
the disk volume will then show up on the G4

Q
Does this mean that USB has priority over Fire wire.
Is this a OS issue or the external harddisk
Is it possible to have the disk volumes showing up in both computers simultaneously and if so, how would I go about achieving that

I hope the above make sense!

thaks for any advice
--
Gary Dorn
Architect
Perth,  Australia

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro