On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 21:46, Matthew Healey wrote:
rational well-thought-out television
I'm a little puzzled. Did we ever have rational, well thought out
television in the first place? I realise there are degrees of bad (I
recently got rid of my TV, having found that TV had passed the point
where I had any interest in watching it even occasionally), but was it
ever actually genuinely rational and well thought out?
it has (had?) it's moments.... but these days it's even getting hard
to find a program that is genuinely offensive in ways other than
total banality (insert soaps like H&AW and so called "reality"
programs).
Until Apple comes up with a 48" Powerbook I'll keep my TV for watching DVDs.
--
~
Mark Secker Computer Support Officer
ph#6488 1855 (ECEL) <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Australia - CRICOS Provider No. 00126G
~
"Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible."
- Miguel de Unamuno
"It takes an idiot to do cool things.... that's why it's cool"
- Haruhara Haruka (FLCL)
<http://ecel-mark.ecel.uwa.edu.au/~marksecker/index.htm> (sometimes works)