On 3/5/04 6:23 PM, "Rosemary Horton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
communicated the following

> I'm seriously considering getting a laptop. The main reason is for
> presentations vi digital projectors at conferences  often connecting to
> the net and for working on websites. What should I consider ibook or
> powerbook?

My new 17" Powerbook is my first laptop and if your finances allow I would
advise this.

1) You don't need a second monitor (unless you are doing serious DTP 90% of
the time - I still use Quark etc on ads and I get along fine)
2) It's not that heavy
3) Enough disk space

Having said that though, the iBooks are a relative bargain if cash is a
little tight, and are impressively constructed.

******** BTW, everyone, Shay had a boy!! **********
Congratulations to Shay and Fe on a healthy 7lb 3oz baby boy.

Brett Carboni
Tsunami
"Unable to keep secrets of good sushi and newborn babies"