I work at an ISP, we supply only D-Link modems and routers, and so far haven't had too many troubles.

I personally use a Billion 741GE, and find that it has great features, and after a firmware update, is very reliable...

i havent seen much of the 5100 model though...

Also, with ADSL accounts, the main thing to watch for is overpriced excess downloads.... or low cap levels...

We have accounts starting from $29.95, no contract, and a $49 cap, but I would suggest going for the $39.95 account as it has a much, much higher download limit...

Cheers
Paul

Dark Servant wrote:

I'm going to be upgrading to ADSL soon and have been doing a bit of research on http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ I'm only looking at a low end account for a single G4-400 Mac. So far the Billion 5100 modem seems like the go for this. It's very affordable and has had nothing but good comments on the forums from what I could tell. Just in case though I thought I'd check with people here to see what their experiences have been like.

Thanks
Ruben A. Franke


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro