If you have problems with a D-Link, and it has a console port, look up on the web page the method for accessing it through the console, early dlink used hyperterminal, later ones use telnet...

Interesting info on DLinks, for example,. you cant kill them by stuffing up the firmware...

They run a lower level fixed firmware, which you can boot the router into and use to restore the operation firmware...

Cheers
Paul


Kathy Quinlan wrote:

Paul wrote:

I work at an ISP, we supply only D-Link modems and routers, and so far haven't had too many troubles.


I have had a few issues with D-Link products, but mainly had media converters fail (the fibre to copper adaptors) I used to buy name brand stuff, but for small jobs I now use no name switches (they are cheap and work just as good as the named ones)

BTW anyone know how to fix a D-Link ADSL modem (DI-704P) where the switch works, but the device does not respond as a modem and will not let you default configs.

Regards,

Kat.