on 31/8/04 4:25 PM, James / Hans Kunz at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hi Wamuggers
> after updating to os 10.3.5 i'm experiencing more crashes than ever
> before
> does anyone has the same problem??
> i have the problem especially during accessing a external firewire
> drive...
> yes i have seen the message published by Apple...but how can i verify
> if my 3 fw interfaces are based on the oxford chips with the firmware
> in question,
> the oldest part in my setup is 2 years old (a fw interface in the
> Sarotech box)the others are around 8 month old
>
> thanks for any reply     James

Hi James & WAMUG'ers,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have just updated my 1.8Ghz G5 to
10.3.5 and so far have not had any problem to speak of. Mind you I do not
have any FireWire hardware, just 1 Zip drive, laser printer (Brother) and
scanner/printer (Epson) off a USB2 hub.

I did have some crashes from Excel and Word, both quitting suddenly when
using Save As to a deeply nested folder. Do not know why, but so far have
not noticed anything with 10.3.5.

There was a response to your request suggesting regular maintenance. I use a
little utility called YASU for running the daily, weekly, monthly CRON,
Repair Permissions and clean caches. Seems to work well.

Good luck,

Philippe C