I had not noticed, but having just checked YES you are correct.
I too have it still listed in updates to download.
WHY IS THIS SO ?

On 15/09/2004, at 8:11 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

On 14/09/2004, at 4:55 PM, Richard Kay wrote:

Apple has released a revision to its 2004-09-07 Security Update, numbered 1.1, which reportedly fixes a widespread, previously reported FTP connectivity issue.

The problem, which disabled FTP capabilities for a number of users on both Mac OS X 10.2.8 and Mac OS X 10.3.5 systems, generated the the error message: "User (username) may not use FTP" in most instances.

A previously reported workaround involved replacing the patched version of Mac OS X's FTP daemon (ftpd) with the FTP daemon from another Mac OS X installation sans-security update.

Security Update 2004-09-07's changes to Mac OS X's FTP components are listed by Apple as follows: "(Eliminates) a rare condition that can permit an authenticated remote attacker to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code. [...] If the FTP service has been enabled, and a remote attacker can correctly authenticate, then a race condition would permit them to stop the FTP service or execute arbitrary code. The fix is to replace the lukemftpd FTP service with tnftpd. lukemftp is installed but not activated in Mac OS X Server, which instead uses xftp [...]."

The revised version of Security Update 2004-09-07 is available either through Software Update.

 rmkay

Hello People,

Anyone else experiencing this Security Update 2004-09-07 v1.1 showing in Software Update after being downloaded & installed & computer restarted? I've also installed it again from the package in Library, but it is still showing in Software Update.

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"