Hi all, this is as much a tech note for when someone searches their archives
as anything else ... it may elicit a 'well duuuuh' response from some on the
list :) .

Skype won't run on a 233mhz Bondi iMac - well the app runs, and you can
instant message - but voice cuts out.

The iMac has 288meg of RAM and a 40gig Western Digital Hard Disk, running
10.3.5 (which runs okay, amazingly enough). I used the Activitiy monitor app
to ah, monitor the cpu usage - when attempting to speak, the CPU idle time
drops to -0.00.

I was trying to get Skype working so my parents machine so they could have
long talks with my brother over in the UK. If anyone knows the minimum mhz
speed which allows Skype to run pls send me an e-mail, I might try and track
down a 2nd hand replacement iMac for them - it'd have to be under $400
though (if anyone's thinking of selling their doorstop) as that's what it
would cost to install a Sonnet 600mhz + firewire G3 upgrade card.

Cheers,
Tobes.