On 14/11/2004, at 5:48 PM, Dudley Gager wrote:

G'day listers,

Another one for Bob or anyone who knows what goes on inside Telstra these days:

I applied for an ADSL connection through Optus for a line on the Joondalup 9300 exchange and also another one on the Osborne Park 9443 exchange and Optus came back and said that Telstra were saying that both those exchanges are "full" and that the only way I could get a connection would be if someone else gave one up!

I can hardly believe that - this means that in the midst of an explosion of low cost ADSL marketing by all and sundry, Joondalup and Osborne Park are left out. Surely this can't be true.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Regards

Dudley Gager

Oh yes Dudley,

Plenty of people experiencing the long wait for ADSL Ports.
I've got five people, who I have their ADSL Accounts/ hardware etc ready to go ....
but they are all waiting for Telstra to open more Ports.

Port availability is becoming a huge issue, and at one stage up to
30%-40% of  orders were in held because of poor planning in Telstra's
infrastructure, they don't seem to keep up with demand!  If there is no
room at the exchange, no customers  (even Bigpond) are able to make
connections, and they are simply put into held (a port reserved though)
and we wait until equipment arrives from the US to be installed into the
exchanges.

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"