Hi all,I am having trouble in the outback getting on-line. I am out of GSM range(could not find a CDMA phone that would talk to my Mac :-( ) and when I go into internet cafes they are quite happy to let me use their windoze machines but not to connect DHCP or plug my phone line in to Dial-up. To-day the caravan Park I am in (Rawnsley Park in the Flinders Ranges) They let me tap into the ethernet and I got going DHCP and FAST too, think they have a 'broadband sat link. After I had finished and I had thanked them profusely they said that would be the first and the last time they would do it :-( I asked them why and they said they did not like people coming behind the counter to plug into the router :-(. In Quorn they said I could not plug into their telephone network as I may give them viruses!
Malcolm McCallum
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]