From: subscribe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 7 August 2005 10:01:26 AM
Subject: Re: Anti Virus Software

Hello Steven,

i have recently moved over to ClamAV and found it to work well and to be a fine replacement for products like virex, there was recently a problem found with part of ClamAV that caused Multiple Integer Overflow Vulnerabilities however this has been patched - http://secunia.com/advisories/16250/

overall i'm pretty happy with ClamAV, one of my primary reasons for moving to it apart from cost was the rumourmill from sophos regarding viri for OS X it would appear that they dont know a virus from a root exploit, which concerns me. Also the ClamAV developers have proved that they are on top of problems that occur with ClamAV and are proactive with there fixes

cheers

Natas